Friday, November 14, 2014

weekly roundup (find this post on Holy City Chic // holycitychic.com)



I'm not even joking when I say we are on our 15th sample of paint. So far, we've tried BM Revere Pewter 50%, BM Edgecomb Gray 70%, Sherwin Williams Repose Gray, SW Repose Gray 75%, BM Classic Gray, BM White Wisp, SW Passive, SW Agreeable Gray 70%, SW Zurich White, Valspar Cornflower, BM Aloof Gray, SW Windfresh White, BM Halo, and now we are trying BM Ashwood 50% and BM Sea Pearl.



omg.



Let's not even talk about that even more ...before I cry at how much money we've wasted on gallons we ended up not liking and not to mention, all of those samples. I've now started getting them mixed at Lowe's because the $7 samples at Ben Moore and Sherwin Williams were starting to get a little crazy. Anyway, here are this week's worthy links.



I am truly obsessed with this settee. I just need something in that Hermes orange.



I really love this article, which highlights what 16 extremely successful people were doing at age 25. Proves that you don't have to have it all together in your 20s (or for that matter, even in your 30s and 40s), for those of you like me that feel like everything has to happen now. (20-something crisis)



I just discovered Willa Skye Home on Etsy and I'm obsessed with her pillow covers. (...and I have three coming my way!)



Last night, Ryan and I went to a cooking demonstration at L'Atelier Le Creuset by celebrity chef, Hugh Acheson. He's a James Beard award winner and is a judge on Top Chef, in addition to a lengthy list of impressive accolades. We got to enjoy some of his amazing food and get his cookbook, A New Turn in the South: Southern Flavors Reinvented for Your Kitchen, signed and personalized. I'm obsessed with the recipes! Everything is simple, but he concentrates on bringing out flavor in foods and supporting your local farmers. I'm feeling inspired and plan on hitting the farmer's market this weekend to stock up.



The best reminder.



I might try to paint our pumpkin this weekend to look like this. This is a great way to soften the look of Halloween-ish pumpkins for Thanksgiving.



J. Crew is offering 25% off your purchase with code SHOPNOW. I love this colorblock sweater and this buffalo check vest. A whole lot. And this hat, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)