Tuesday, April 9, 2013

{weekend ...a little late}

It might be Tuesday, but since I didn't post about my weekend yesterday, here 'tis. 


We celebrated Brandon's 26th birthday on Friday.  His birthday wishes were my command... a burger and a beer at Rita's on Folly Beach.  My go-to is the Southbound Grilled Chicken Sandwich ...bacon, pimento cheese - can't beat it.  The Blackened Tuna Nachos are also a favorite.  If you're in Charleston and haven't tried those, then do it.  Soon.

The next morning (dark and early) we were at the starting line for the Cooper River Bridge Run.  My work is a feature charity of the Bridge Run, so it was my job to coordinate 100 volunteers to help with the start of the race.  I LOVE the excitement of being in the midst of 45,000 runners and all of the hustle and bustle that goes with it.  Makes getting up at 4:30 a.m. worth it. 


On Sunday, I met a dear friend for brunch at Fleet Landing.  The weather was perfect for sitting next to the water.  We both ordered the same thing... how can you go wrong with creme brulee french toast? (seriously good)


Other shenanigans throughout the weekend (that you've already seen if you follow me on Instagram)...

Organized my Essie polish.


Proudly wore my new J. Crew bangles.


Did some Friday evening cleaning while enjoying a glass of wine.  Who says those two don't go together?  By the way, this is the Shark Vac & Steam.  My mom bought it for us for one of my bridal showers and it's nothing shy of amazing.  You use the vacuum feature, then add on the mop attachment.  Add in a little water and boom - it's ready to steam your floors.   Trust me, you don't know a clean floor until you've walked on a freshly steamed one.


The countdown is truly on for the wedding - 18 days!


I'll be sharing our wedding invitations on the blog tomorrow.
Xo-M

4 comments:

  1. Every time I'm in Charleston I end up at Fleet Landing! I will have to try that french toast- YUMMMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair up in a top knot {adorable}!

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I love all of the Essie polishes lined up in the shape of a heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That French toast looks devious! I need a steam cleaner for my floors and I have those bangles and wear them almost every day! In fact I have them on now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)