Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday {invitations and checklist}

Now that all of our guests should have received their invitations a few weeks ago, I think it's safe to share them with you!  We used Scotti Cline Designs and couldn't be more thrilled with how they turned out.  I picked Crane's Lettra paper in 220, so it's thick and truly shows off the letterpress details.

 photo IMG_1676_zpse3109baf.jpeg

 photo IMG_1675_zps7e83a298.jpeg

Now for the checklist.  The last time I posted a list was in January.  The items in green are the changes that have been made since January.

Set a date
Book venue
Book photographer
Book videographer
Book band
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Book caterer & bar
Create wedding website 
Register
Book florist
Buy wedding dress
Book ceremony musician
Book rentals
Take engagement pictures
Select bridesmaid dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire 
Purchase veil and accessories for dress
Book cake baker
Hire coordinator
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates  
Finalize guest list 
Send save the dates  
Book officiant   
Pre-marital retreat 
Pre-marital counseling (Finished last session on Saturday!)
Order guest book
Hotel room blocks
Hire a calligrapher
Engagement announcement in The Beaufort Gazette, The Sumter Daily Item, and The Jasper Sun
MOB & MOG dress shopping 
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
  Find garter
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Menu tasting  
Take bridal portraits / hair & make up trial
Dress Measurements
1st dress fitting 
2nd dress fitting (A tiny, last minute alteration scheduled for tomorrow!)
Order ceremony programs
Figure out where I'm getting ready & where Brandon is getting ready 
Order invitations
Mail invitations 
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Book RD music
Buy RD dress 
Order koozies
Book trolley for bridal party    
Order monogrammed cocktail napkins (*Doing this today!)
Buy bridal party gifts 
Bachelorette party 
Bridal showers
Order wedding bands 
Put together picture list for photographer (*Working on this!)
Get marriage license
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon 
RD invitations
RD groom's cake
Music selections to band and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room
Order thank you notes
Walk down the aisle & say I do!

It's funny how many things are on my mental checklist, but aren't visible on this list.  These are things that I didn't think of when I started my wedding planning.  Here are some of those things that are still left to do:

Rehearsal dinner seating chart
Pick out first dance songs (Harder than I thought!)
Rent candles for rehearsal dinner
Order printed fabric with custom monogram for lounge pillows
Order sparklers for send-off
Finalize wedding-day timeline
Find a million gold frames for food station signage, okay, more like ten.
Get family wedding portraits and have them framed in silver frames
Put together a few bathroom essentials for ladies bathroom
Pick signature drink and name!
Confirm throw bouquet
Find throw garter
Find lamps for bars
Decide on random floral arrangements around reception tent - yay or nay and what kind?
Wrap bridesmaids gifts in a cute way
Get ring cleaned!
Confirm rentals with one of our vendors
Prepare final payments!
Confirm check-in/check-out with Wentworth Mansion

....among MANY other random thoughts trailing through my head!
17 DAYS TO GO!

8 comments:

  1. I remember this crazy time in my life when my wedding was three weeks away! I would say try and get as much done as you can the week before the wedding so that week is not as stressful. Your invitations are beautiful and classy. I love how the top and bottom are framed. I did a frame around all of the text and loved it! Good luck with everything and thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely invitations! Your almost there girl :)

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I'm about two months away, and I'm already feeling like, "How can I get anything done besides WEDDING!". How are you balancing it all??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The invitations are beautiful!! I cannot wait to see everything come together because I know it will all be stunning! If you can't find all gold frames that you like, get some gold spray paint! That's what I had to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing great Megan! PS - my middle name is Marie too. :) Have you entered by Giveaway for Stella and Dot earrings? They'd be fab for your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love crossing stuff off that list! The invitations look beautiful, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since we just got married, I'll share some of the things that you have on your list that I had on mine!

    Signature drink: Madras (you can pre-mix and unlike soda it won't get flat!)
    Garter- got a silly camo one off Etsy
    We did the RD seating chart like the week-of because of people responding last minute
    Our first dances were: "This Will Be"- Natalie Cole, father/daughter- "Wonderful World"- Louis Armstrong, mother/son - "My Wish"- Rascal Flatts

    Enjoy the next few days! I can't believe ours is over!!! Your invitations are so pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember reading these last spring and thinking - I should bookmark this page should I ever get engaged....well...we bought a ring, (although, he hasn't officially proposed because it's being sized)...so thank you for the pre-wedding planning check list!!! This is going to save me a lot of stress! Your wedding was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)