Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: 10 MORE DAYS!

Today is the last day of our double-digit countdown!  My to-do list has taken a drastic beating... I've accomplished a lot amidst this being one of our busiest times at work.  Not going to lie, I've sometimes felt like my head is spinning so fast that it's going to take off like a helicopter.  This is how my list is looking since last week's Wedding Wednesday post.  The items in green are things that have been done since last Wednesday.  Bold, black items are still on the list!

Set a date
Book venue
Book photographer
Book videographer
Book band
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Book caterer & bar
Create wedding website 
Register
Book florist
Buy wedding dress
Book ceremony musician
Book rentals
Take engagement pictures
Select bridesmaid dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire 
Purchase veil and accessories for dress
Book cake baker
Hire coordinator
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates  
Finalize guest list 
Send save the dates  
Book officiant   
Pre-marital retreat 
Pre-marital counseling (Finished last session on Saturday!)
Order guest book
Hotel room blocks
Hire a calligrapher
Engagement announcement in The Beaufort Gazette, The Sumter Daily Item, and The Jasper Sun
MOB & MOG dress shopping 
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
  Find garter
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Menu tasting  
Take bridal portraits / hair & make up trial
Dress Measurements
1st dress fitting 
2nd dress fitting
 (Had a few minor alterations done last week and will pick up my dress next Tuesday!)
Order ceremony programs (Was told to submit to local printer the week-of)
Figure out where I'm getting ready & where Brandon is getting ready 
Order invitations
Mail invitations 
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Book RD music
Buy RD dress 
Order koozies
Book trolley for bridal party    
Order monogrammed cocktail napkins
Buy bridal party gifts 
Bachelorette party 
Bridal showers
Order wedding bands 
Put together picture list for photographer (Almost finished!)
Get marriage license (Tomorrow!!)
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon 
RD invitations
RD groom's cake
Music selections to band and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room
 Rehearsal dinner seating chart
Pick out first dance songs
Order printed fabric with custom monogram for lounge pillows
Order sparklers for send-off (picking up from local vendor)
Finalize wedding-day timeline
Find a million gold frames for food station signage, okay, more like ten.
Get family wedding portraits and put in silver frames (halfway there)
Put together a few bathroom essentials for ladies bathroom
Pick signature drink and name!
Confirm throw bouquet
Find throw garter
Find lamps for bars
Decide on random floral arrangements around reception tent 
Wrap bridesmaids gifts in a cute way
Get ring cleaned! (this weekend)
Confirm rentals with one of our vendors
Prepare final payments!
Confirm check-in/check-out with Wentworth Mansion
Order thank you notes
Walk down the aisle & say I do!


Last night, I spent some time at the Chanel counter to pick out my wedding lipstick.  Definitely wasn't easy as I thought, but we all agreed on a shade in the Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour.






That's all I've got for today.  Happy Humpday!

14 comments:

  1. So exciting! I modified your list for my own Wedding post today. Love that shade of lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee!! I am loving that lipstick shade! It will be perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I am right there with you! We share the same wedding date :) Trying to take time to enjoy the calm before the storm. Love the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work!!! I am very jealous of your last minute alterations. Due to my dress being at the dry cleaners until the week of the wedding I did not have time for any last minute tucks and my dress was definitely a little big!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Love that lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! Love that lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are getting very excited! Last summer I put together this "wedding survival kit" for a friend's wedding. It came in really handy! Some of it's contents were not used, some of them were used a lot! All-in-all, it was great to have a kit put together that everyone knew they were allowed to access. (Instead of rummaging through purses and such.) Maybe have one of your bridesmaids put one together!

    http://www.sunshine-blog.com/2012/07/wedding-survival-kit.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw exciting!! That lipstick is gorg--are you doing your own makeup??

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting - it looks like you've been busy!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Cherish these moments. I never got to plan a wedding...we were engaged for a week and married at Breach Inlet on Sullivan's Island. I actually just got surprised with a wedding ring {had never really had one} after 5 years of marriage, on my 30th birthday this past weekend. Posted about it on my blog. I was soooo surprised. Hope your wedding goes perfectly. xoxo
    -Morgan of Style Oyster

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAYY! That is a gorgeous lipstick color! I bought WAY too many lipsticks to test out for my wedding, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao Bella,
    I love your blog, it is filled with lots of interesting things... just my style... hehehe.
    I started following you, I hope you don't mind.
    I'd love it so much if you also followed me back at www.agelesssecrets.blogspot.com, it would really make my day!
    Wishing you a really lovely day!!
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love,
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on having so much completed on your list! I'm a year away from my wedding and I'm making a similar list. When I blog it I will give you credit! Thanks for the help! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)