Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You Are What You Eat: Fast Food Edition!

I mentioned in the last post that I've been eating poorly and not getting enough 
sleep, and my body has paid the price. 

I've been eating on the run and am so ashamed to admit that I've eaten fast food
three times in the past week!
Aside from this past week, I can't remember the last time I've eaten fast food.
(okay, Zaxby's 'zalads' don't count, because I've eaten a lot of those!)

I can't wait to get back to my clean(er) eating, get back to the gym, and feel great again! 
As excited as I may be for a great Thanksgiving feast, I have to say that I can't wait for Monday to get on a normal eating/workout routine!

...so in honor of those greasy fast food joints, let's play a little game that I like to call,
"You Are What You Eat: Fast Food Edition!"

These foods are surprisingly high in calories, fat, and sodium!

I almost posted items like the expected "Hardee's Monster Thickburger," which has 1,420 calories, but I decided to stick with items that we, as ladies, might actually order when we're absolutely pressed for time!
*Thank you, Self.com for these facts!*


1.  Arby's Mozzarella Sticks

I know, I know...they're so delicious. 
But at 660 calories, 34 grams of fat, and 1,800mg of sodium ...are they worth it?


2.  McDonald's Triple Thick Shake (32oz)

This bad boy has around 1,200 calories, 26 grams of fat, and 145 grams of sugar!


3.  Taco Bell's Volcano Nachos
  I'm a nachos-lover, so this is truly disappointing!
These babies have close to 1,000 calories, 61 grams of fat, and 1,870mg of sodium.  
 

4.  Wendy's Sweet and Spicy Asian Boneless Wings
Who would've thought that one serving of these has 540 calories, 18 fat grams, and 2,490mg of sodium!
Why yes, that's more sodium than you should have in one full day!


5. Sonic's Chicken Strip Dinner
928 calories, 43 grams of fat, 1,913mg of sodium



6.  Arby's Chicken Salad Sandwich (with pecans)
860 calories, 44 grams of fat, 1270mg sodium, 33 grams of sugar and 92 grams of carbs!


Just some food for thought! 
(no pun intended!)

Love to you all!
M

2 comments:

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)