Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cinnamon: It's What's for Breakfast

I love cinnamon. 
I put it in all of my breakfast treats -oatmeal, cereal, milk, toast, yogurt, coffee, fruit, etc.
You should do the same, because it's so good for you!
Studies show that adding half of a teaspoon of cinnamon to your daily diet can lower LDL.
LDLs are Low-Density Lipoproteins, or as I've always been taught, the "Least-Desirable Lipoproteins."

Here are some other things that cinnamon will do for your body:
  • Regulates blood sugar
  • Has an anti-clotting affect on the blood
  • A great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
  • Has the ability to stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites in the body
  • Its scent boosts brain function
  • Improves colon health
  • Protects against heart disease
  • Reduces proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells
  • It's proven to fight bad breath
  • Home remedy to cure the common cold/respiratory problems
  • Provides relief from menstrual cramping
  • Reduces arthritis pain
  • Effective for helping nausea, heart burn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea (Yay, Pepto-Bismol! ..couldn't help but think of that song/commercial) 
  • Natural food preserver
  • Muscle and joint pain reliever

With all of these health benefits, why on Earth not add cinnamon to your diet?

I use McCormick's Cinnamon Grinder
By turning the lid, it grinds the flakes of cinnamon into teeny pieces.
 It gives my foods the freshest cinnamon flavor and aroma! 

xo
M

3 comments:

  1. New follower, SO glad I found your blog! I'm from SC as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much just went through like, I don't know, five pages of your previous posts and I'm officially obsessed with your precious blog! We share soo many similarities. I saw where you competed at Miss SC USA? I competed in Miss TN USA two years ago and am thinking of competing again next year. Are you going to compete again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i put cinnamon on EVERYTHING! i cannot believe there is such thing as a cinnamon grinder. you have made my night. so excited to go buy this!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)