Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hardware Princess

I came back to Ridgeland late last night to be home for the Beaufort Water Festival.  It's an event I've been going to since I was six, when my family moved to Beaufort.  It always takes place in the middle of July and lasts over a week. Every day and night there are different events, fun concerts, and contests. During the weekends, tons of people head to a sandbar on the Beaufort River.  That's where I spend most of my time.
This is a picture of the sandbar during a regular weekend in the summer. During the Water Festival, multiply this crowd by 500.


Since I was home today, Mom and I decided to get creative. 
Meet Mom (well, and Dad):
 We decided to do a little bit of painting & accessorizing upstairs.  So we spent a substantial amount of time in Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Marshalls, etc.  Imagine two blondes looking for handyman items in Home Depot. An hour Two hours later, we successfully matched a paint color and purchased two gallons of paint, four cans of spray paint, one can of light fixture paint and 14 light bulbs. Not too shabby!

I love home improvement items! I'll probably eat my words soon, but wouldn't it be fun to work at Home Depot? Maybe for a week? Ya know, I had plenty of time to think about this while we were in the store today. I think it would be fun to be surrounded by people making improvements to their house. I love all the plants, patio furniture, paint samples, home improvement magazines, the smell of lumber ...oh my gosh, I'll stop now.

I can see it now....


Well this is the time I close the laptop, get a good night of sleep, and never mention any of this ever again.

xox,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)