Thursday, December 26, 2013

wren // beaufort, sc

I love any space that manages to be industrial and warm at the same time.  Throw in a little coastal flair into the mix and that's exactly how the environment feels in Wren Bistro & Bar.  Brandon and I joined his parents there for dinner on Christmas Eve and it's not just good, it's gooooooood.  Certainly in my top three favorite Beaufort restaurants.  You've got to check it out for yourself if you ever find yourself in Beaufort - it's located right in the heart of downtown.  The interiors alone make my heart palpitate just a little.  It has a very inviting, yet upscale environment that I just eat up every time.  All of the design touches are very thoughtful - even down to the simplistic and charming table settings.  Did I mention they serve their bread in little silver coffee cans?  (Stealing that idea for dinner parties.)  I am certainly not a food critic, but I will tell you it's worth a visit if you're in the area.   The menu has anything from chicken salad, to steak, to seafood.  I've never tasted anything there that hasn't left me dreaming about it weeks afterwards. 



Doesn't Wren look just scrumptious?

(images via here, here, and here

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful little spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you had the fried green tomatoes!? They are to die for! And the southwestern salad is my go-to lunch when I want to splurge! So good. We keep saying we need a date night at Wren soon. Have you been to Emily's yet on Port Republic? Another fabulous spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Wren! My aunt lives in Polowana and every time we visit her we try to go for lunch. I would have never thought to mix the burlap and woven chairs with industrial metals, but it looks so good (and the food is delicious)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Beaufort! This restaurant will certainly be added to my "To Go" list!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)