Tuesday, October 22, 2013

product spotlight {rembrandt two hour whitening kit}

Good morning!  I had a fantastic weekend celebrating my best friend's wedding & can't wait to share photos with you tomorrow.  I even took yesterday off to recuperate from all the fun.  For today, I thought I'd share my teeth whitening routine.  It's changed a little, as I've always been very, very loyal to my Crest White Strips. Lately, though, I've been cheating on those with the Rembrandt Two Hour Whitening Kit.  I reviewed a bunch of Rembrandt products a little over a year ago (here), but thought I'd touch base on this whitening kit again.  


The instructions say to shape the applicator trays to your teeth using hot water.  Then, apply the whitening gel to the trays and do four 20 minute sessions, with 10 minute breaks in between. 

I use this whitening kit a bit differently than advised since I am using these trays more so for maintenance than to see immediate whitening results.  Instead of doing a complete two hour treatment, I apply one gel pod (kit comes with eight -four for top, four for bottom) to the two trays.  I find that one pod has enough gel for both trays.  I leave the treatment in for about thirty minutes, then brush my teeth very lightly with a clean toothbrush, while the gel is still coating my teeth.  Then, I brush my teeth like normal with toothpaste and follow up with mouthwash.  Recently, Brandon and I purchased electric Sonicare toothbrushes and have been amazed at the difference we've noticed!

I've been loving these trays more than Crest Whitestrips recently because they seem to be more convenient to use.  Filling the trays with the whitening gel and popping them in my mouth is easier than peeling the sticky Whitestrips off the plastic and aligning them perfectly on my teeth... then sneezing and having them fly out like cannon balls.  The trays also feel much better in my mouth than the strips do.  That said, the whitening results have been very similar.



1 comment:

  1. We love our sonic are toothbrushes!! And we're amazed at what a difference they make as well! It's the little things sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)