Monday, February 25, 2013

nightmares + our weekend

A couple weeks ago, Megan talked about wedding nightmares.  Many of you probably know what I'm talking about.  I've had a recurring dream where I just cannot get to the altar, or the church, or even in my wedding dress for that matter.  No, I'm not having anxiety or fear about getting married, but I am terribly afraid of something going wrong and causing me to be late for my own wedding.  This is where the dreams come from, I'm sure.
It happened again last night...  It's 3pm and I have no makeup on and my hair isn't fixed.  Half of my bridesmaids are missing.  The wedding is at 5pm.  Four o'clock comes and no progress has been made.  All of our guests are starting to show up to the church, but I'm nowhere near ready.
Nightmare, I tell you.

Speaking of wedding, I was supposed to have my bridal portraits today...  Outside.

Since that's not happening, they've been rescheduled for next week.  I'm so thankful my makeup artist, hair stylist, photographer, and venue were so flexible and willing to change the date.

But, rainy days aside, we had a pretty one yesterday.  Brandon and I went to the beach and soaked in a little salt and sunshine into our veins.


 



We went to a hockey game on Saturday night with dear friends and had the best time.  
 Hockey is obviously not the best sport in South Carolina and I definitely wouldn't call us "fans," but we love going to one game per season.  "Pink in the Rink" is our favorite night because it benefits the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  The ice, as you can see, is dyed pink and the players wear pink jerseys.  We had a great time.

Hope you all had happy weekends.  Here's a little motivation for your Monday morning.


7 comments:

  1. ha I remember those nightmare weddings dreams all too well. I know I had them all the time! But your day will get here and it will be perfect and all the little things that happen that go wrong (some things will) will just add to the memories. And just remember, the guests will never know about the crazy going on behind the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a bummer that you had to reschedule your bridal portraits! next monday is definitely looking like a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad that you had to reschedule your portraits, hopefully you have nicer weather next week! Great pictures by the way, it looks like you had a great weekend. xo

    http://sincerelymissashley.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sure next week is going to be lovely weather though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i only had one wedding dream but it was horrible! I dreamt that my bridesmaid married my groom. Thankfully I knew there was no chance of that happening!
    I love the pink ice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had SO many wedding nightmares leading up to the big day! The closer we got to our wedding day, those stopped - so hopefully yours will too! Everything will come together fine - I definitely can't say that it will be perfect (from my own experience!), but it will all work out in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)