Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Recap!

Good morning and happy Monday!  Woo, what a wonderful, busy weekend.
First, thank you for the birthday wishes!  I was so happy to have my parents and brother come visit me on Thursday night.  Right when the clock struck 12am, everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  I had to take this photo of my brother with his cupcake.  He's a personal trainer and never indulges in sweets.  I thought it was funny that the name of this cupcake was "Big Mean Brother."  No, I did not make this up!


I woke up on my birthday and ate another cupcake for breakfast.  Yes, I took the day off of work and it was wonderful.  Mom and I lounged around in the morning while my brother and dad were at the PGA.  Before we knew it, we had one hour to get to our 12:30 cake tasting appointment.  No time to grab lunch, so guess what I ate for lunch?
 
Haha.  Yes, I ate cupcakes for a midnight snack, breakfast, and lunch.  It was my birthday and I could do whatever I wanted, right?  Ok, we did get some real lunch after the tasting.

I received a too-pretty-to-eat arrangement from my Gigi!  See, some healthiness was involved.  ;)


Birthday dinner with Brandon at O-Ku

Out and about with my brother.
...and Brandon




No photos were involved with Saturday.  Most of the day was spent lounging around.  Then, we grabbed dinner with friends and went out again downtown (two nights in a row, what has happened to me?!).  On Sunday, Brandon and I took our friends, Jon and Jared, to the PGA Championship.  It was a long, hot day, but I really enjoyed seeing some big-wig golfers.


Tiger Woods

Phil Mickelson

Bubba Watson

I'm not even kidding...Brandon put yet another sweet in front of my face last night.  He ordered this cake a couple weeks ago to take to a big group dinner that we thought we were going to have.  Long story short, this cake is just for us two now.  It is currently in the freezer for when my pants get a little looser again.  ;) 

This morning, I woke up to this amazing view & am ready to put another work week behind us!


Hope you all enjoyed your weekends!
Xo-M

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend and a great birthday! What kind of cake did Brandon get you? It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy there's noting better than an Edible Arrangement, love those things! And can I just say that you guys are one of the best looking couples I've seen in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your top that you wore for your birthday dinner!! Where is from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's Romeo + Juliet Couture. I bought it last year from Saks Off Fifth.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome birthday! Eating cupcakes for breakfast and lunch... TOTALLY something I would do! :) Happy belated, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so pretty! Happy late Birthday!

    -Tori
    torigjohnson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect birthday weekend!! Calories don't count on your birthday... Or birthday weekend... Or birthday week!! :)

    Love that top!! Very NYC-chic!!

    xoxo Britt

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive been reading your blog and I love it...your picts are gorg!! thanks for sharing a small part of your life for others (me) to read..thank you

    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Birthday!! Looks like a great weekend! I think cupcakes for midnight snack, brekfast, and lunch is perfectly fine! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)