Monday, July 23, 2012

weekend recap

This post is probably going to look a lot like last week's recap because it was weekend number two of the Beaufort Water Festival!  

Let's start off with Thursday night since, in my mind, that's when the weekend begins. I FINALLY tried Taco Mamacita on Sullivan's Island.  I'm quite partial to Taco Boy, but I really did enjoy the change.  I had two tacos, chips and guacamole, then couldn't hardly move afterwards.  (Success.)

On Friday, we had a golf tournament fundraiser at Wild Dunes.  My view wasn't terrible.

I bolted it home from Isle of Palms, set a record of getting completely showered and ready in 15 minutes, then hopped in the car with Brandon to go to Beaufort.

We saw double rainbows on the way down!  Couldn't get them both in the picture, but isn't it pretty?


We went to the River Dance at the Waterfront Park on Friday night.  There was a great indie band performing called The Design. They rocked the stage. The lead singer sounded just like Lady Gaga and had an outfit to go along with it.  Afterwards, we went straight home to get rested up for a full day of fun on Saturday.





Even though we were exhausted, we went downtown on Saturday night to the Commodore's Ball.  Brandon and I danced up a storm.  Before we knew it, the Water Festival was sadly over!  
Brandon and some of his buddies
Although it's very fun and something we look forward to all year long, we've decided that we're finally getting to the point where we can't handle the "go, go go!"  Driving back and forth from Charleston both weekends, entertaining a house full of guests both weekends, getting the boat ready, being in the sun all day and keeping up the energy for the evenings ...it definitely took a toll on us this year!  Still, we had such a great time with our dear friends and are looking forward to next year (although it will be on a much smaller scale, trust me!).
Xo-M

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I am partial to Taco Boy too. Someone told me about a place in West AShley called Taco Spot I want to try as well. Love the braid for the beach- totally copying that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun time! Love anything out on the water with some day drinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend looked so FUN! I am waiting for the weekend I can be back on a boat.

    I also nominated you for a Leibster award, go by my page to check it out! :)

    www.cassandralynn23.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love looking at your pics of the water festival. This year was the FIRST year I haven't been in FOREVER. Makes me so sad, but life changes a bit with a baby:-) Glad y'all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)