Tuesday, June 12, 2012

randomness, pure randomness (my weekend)

Brandon said to me last night, "You put up a new blog post today, right?  Oh wait, you didn't because it's a day that ends in Y."  LOL, he was just being playful, but it did make me realize that I haven't blogged since last week.  Oops.
I'm going to do a random post today that basically describes my weekend and my Monday... try to keep up with me :)

My sweet little cousin has been in the hospital for the past few days and had to undergo surgery.  She's such a brave six year old girl! 


Sitting up the day after her surgery!

I had to borrow her nurses because I had a really clumsy moment as I was walking out my office door.  I went down the steps, but my feet didn't.  Thanks to the Children's Hospital, I have Angry Birds and Snoopy bandaids.  Ripped my favorite pants, too.  This WOULD happen two days before my engagement photos.  I have a nice, big, swollen scrape on my knee. Oh, joy. 

An extra excuse to indulge in a piece of chocolate.

I went to visit my Poppop with my mom last weekend.  Poppop turned 80 yesterday, so the three of us went on the boat with my brother to cruise to lunch on Sunday.  Sure enough, it started raining as soon as we got on the water.
Mom hates this picture, but I think it's cute.
We were braving the rain!
 
My Poppop


Brandon and I are supposed to have our engagement photos tomorrow, but this rainy weather isn't too promising.  I've been bookmarking photos that I love ...here's one.  It's not clear because I took the photo of the computer screen with my iPhone.

Anyone in Charleston have a fabulous recommendation for furniture reupholstery?
I found this listing and will contact him unless any of you have a great contact for me!

Another iPhone pic of the computer screen, so yes, it's fuzzy.
What do you all think about this arrangement?  I've already picked out my centerpieces for our reception (which will be shared on an upcoming Wedding Wednesday), but there's a few areas around our tent that I will need different floral arrangements.  I love this because our tent is so white and this would bring in a bold pop of color.  It's different, but I like it.


I've been cleaning out my file cabinets like crazy this week.  Don't you think it's time?

Had a facial at The Wentworth Mansion.  Isn't the entrance to the spa eerie, but beautiful?


Ok.  If the nonfat iced mochas at McDonalds aren't the best thing you've ever had, I don't know what is.  I forgot to ask for
no-whip, but hey, I'm not complaining.

One of my new favorite flowers is quickly becoming a gardenia.  I think my Memie and Poppop's yard has the most beautiful ones.

Xo-M

13 comments:

  1. Love your randomness :) Really loving that arrangement too! Gardenias are so beautiful, my grandparents use to have the most gorgeous ones at their home as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry girl that centerpiece looks like a certain illegal drug to me!! which is a plant that is certainly not wedding material

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're cousin is such a cutie, i hope she's doing well! that engagement photo is so cute, hopefully the rain will be gone for your shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't love the centerpieces, but what I DO love about them is their height...they're tall enough that they wouldn't block people's views of each other as they're talking! The worst thing is to be at a table talking to someone you can't see because you're blocked by a huge bouquet of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes cloudy days can make beautiful pictures! I hope the shoot goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The random things in life are the things we remember the most! Love it all!

    Alyssa & Amy

    http://www.eastcoastclad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I hope the weather cooperates for you!

    Georgina, your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. We ended up taking our engagement pictures on a cloudy day, and it worked out great! Lucky for you, the weather around Charleston seems to be clearing up for the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. try quality upholstery off of main road on johns island! I used to use them alot when I worked at GDC and they did wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fabulous quote. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I just posted pictures from my wedding ceremony. I'l love if you'd check it out. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gardenias are my favorite! i usually buy anything I find gardenia scented!
    Good luck with your engagement pictures!
    We just got ours back from the photographer- sometimes a cloudy day works well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are your raybans the aviator large? And what color lens do you have?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)