Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Fall Picks, from head to toe

Colored denim is definitely on trend this Fall, but I have to admit that I'm a bit apprehensive of super bright colored jeans like kelly green & cobalt blue.  Yes, they look great on the models, but realistically, colored denim isn't going to be too flattering on average Joes. (or, Joesephines? hmm...)
Okay, I put that too nicely.  If you don't have mile-long or super skinny legs, colored denim is going to draw attention to your thighs & accentuate the fact that they are less than perfect (i.e. make them look bigger than they actually are.) 
Which is why you probably won't see me in green jeans, just throwin' that out there.

I can, however, partake in the red & burgundy hues.

Here's a fav...

 Rag & Bone
"The Skinny Jean"
Wine


Faux Fur is a trend that I love, but must be done carefully.
I wish we could all throw on an enormous faux-fox fur vest & instantly become Rachel Zoe chic.
It's not going to happen.

So, when shopping for faux fur, make sure it doesn't overtake your outfit.  You don't want the jacket to swallow you and make you look large & shapeless.

I think this faux fur jacket does it right...

Tulle
"Exclusive Faux Fur Jacket"
Blonde

I'm also a fan of this faux-fur vest.  It doesn't look overly "boxy."
(from what I can tell in the photo, anyway!)

BB Dakota
"Garret Coyote Faux Fur Vest"

A good, leather boot will last you years if you take care of it! 
You NEED flat boots in your closet.
You absolutely, positively cannot go wrong with Frye boots.



Frye
"Melissa Trapunto"

In the Fall & Winter, I live in cognac brown boots.
I even sleep in them.
No seriously, I do.

Of course these beauties are at the top of my "want" list.

Tory Burch
"Aaden"

Flat boots like these are not only a fabulous investment since they will last forever, but they also let you wear so many more items from your closet into the Winter.

All throughout the cold months, I wear my nude/dark-colored, cotton dresses that are normally dedicated to Spring and Summer.  It's so simple to throw on a black cotton dress (or whatever darker color you prefer), a jean or leather jacket, a cute scarf, tights, and a pair of flat riding boots. Super cute & easy!


Speaking of boots...

A good pair of rain boots is a must.
I'm partial to a classic, black pair.



Hunter
"Savoy"


Leopard print, when done right, will forever be a "do," but when paired with a top handle tote, it's an absolute must!

(I'm kind of in love with this bag)
MICHAEL Michael Kors
Margo Large Top Handle Tote


I'm really loving this black & blue satchel, too...

Olivia Harris
Leather and Haircalf Shoulder Bag

Oh wait... More outerwear!
Three words:  Ponchos. Trenches. Blazers.


Hinge Ribbed Cowl Neck Poncho


Plastic Island Onassis Trench Coat

Everyone needs a classic blazer like the one below.
Pair it with skinny jeans, a white T, & pumps or boots!

Zara
$90


Tulle Short Vintage Wool Jacket


...and the best for last.
I am so, so excited that the "ladylike" trend is here for Fall!

My favorite items from the ladylike concept are...

Cat-Eye Sunglasses
Kate Spade

and

Tie-Neck Blouses

Ark & Co


Collective Concepts
$59  $38
...woo, I never thought I'd say this, but after this post, I might actually need a break from online shopping!

Xo.

13 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the Tory Burch riding boots this fall. I want a pair in the worse way. I also love the fur vests but think I would totally miss the "Rachel Zoe Chic".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving ALL of these fall fashions!!! Especially the frye and hunter boots!!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post honey!!!! I'm in love with those wine skinny jeans! Have a fabulous night!

    Have you entered my 2 year blogoversary giveaway yet? It's amazing!

    http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/09/its-giveaway-happy-blogoversary-blonde.html

    Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, I could not agree more! I just ordered the Joe's Visionaire jeans in Burgundy and adore them!! I have been trying to find a fur vest but can't find one I don't look stupid in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list I could not agree more! I just ordered the Joe's Visionare jeans in Burgundy and love them! I have been looking for a fur vest but can't find one I love and don't look stupid in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously cannot. get. enough. eeeee! love all your picks...I really want to try colored jeans but hadn't found any I really loved, until these! so cute! love those tops and that trench too! have a great night! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such amazing finds! I'm loving the boots and those jackets. If only I could afford them all... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE alll of it!!
    How I love fall fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got a cute fur vest from marshals for a steal! They had great Michael kors fur jackets like the one you posted, but I could only justify buying one fur item at a time. Agreed with the boots, a great pair is always a wonderful investment... And I love those TB boots

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I wish I could afford a pair of those Frye boots!! Do you know if they run big/small or true to size? I need to search ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a bit scared of the bright colored denim as well, burgundy is a great alternative! I must get some as well :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like everything in this post! I could comment on everything. I agree with you on the bright colored jeans. I don't know if I will be buying any bright blue jeans. I do like the burgundy and might even like some red ones--Razorback games! I skipped on the faux fur jacket last year, but did get a vest, which I wore once. I hope to get more use out of it this year. Flat boots--cannot ever have enough of them. I've liked those Hunter boots, too. Ponchos, capes, blazers...ahhh I can feel winter! And I want some nice tie-neck blouses. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wrote you a huge comment, I hope it did not delete it! I love everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)