Sunday, July 29, 2012

weekend deal!

I visited my parents this weekend because my mom's birthday is today.  My brother and grandfather came, too.  It was so nice to have some great family time!  Last night, Mom and I scored an amazing deal on eight place settings of Oscar de la Renta Gold Dresden china at an antique auction.  I'm seriously obsessed with how sweet and elegant it is.  Brandon and I had Lenox Platinum Pearl china on our wedding registry, but knowing that eight place settings were going to cost over $1500 kind of made my stomach hurt.  I knew we had to have wedding china, but I think that getting china with my mom on a whim at an auction gives it such a fun memory.

The china looks brand new -not one knick on it.  I looked it up online and saw that it was discontinued in 1993, but you can buy it from replacement retailers for around $130 per place setting.
I got EIGHT place settings, a 12-inch platter, a vegetable serving bowl, and the cream and sugar pieces for a whopping $150!  


 It has the sweetest thin gold rim.  I just love the scalloped edges!  



Xo-M

14 comments:

  1. What an awesome score! This looks like perfect wedding China. And the whole set for under $200? Unreal. xoxo www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! What a great deal you and your mom got - a whole set for what a place setting usually costs. The scalloped edges are so pretty. Check out Replacements Unlimited in NC. My grandmother gave my fiance and I her Chantilly silver since solid silver is way too expensive to register for these days - they have an unbelievable selection and we've been using them to order replacement and additional serving pieces. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great score and so beautiful. I feel the same about registering for china, it's something I would definitely want to have but $130 a setting and you need like 12 is upsetting! I love that it's no longer available too so it's something very unique.

    Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is beautiful and what a great find!! I so would have done the same thing if I had been able to find what I wanted! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great find!! It's a beautiful, simple setting- timeless and classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing find and story! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With our wedding registry our china pieces were one of the first things that people started getting us! That is an amazing deal you found. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trust me this is FANTASTIC. after 21 years of marriage, I can tell you that you don't need or want the expensive china you originally picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that is so great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky to have scored such a great set with no flaws!

    ReplyDelete
  11. could you let us know which auction you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you tell us where you pruchased?? I want some :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)