Wednesday, March 30, 2011
The Blythe Dress by Tory Burch
Ideal for a Spring day!
...and Tibi's Twiggy Embroidery Top
I'm loving this quote:
...and this photo:
I've always loved this photo. It's so feminine and just, makes me happy for some reason.
I'm loving that the Today Show reported that Emily Maynard is moving to Austin to be with Brad!
(with her daughter, of course) She is getting her own condo and won't be living with him.
I'm rooting for them.
I'm loving my new shades that I got with a Neiman Marcus reward card.
I'm loving this weekend's forecast (& Monday, too!)
We've had the rainiest week and I can't wait for some sunshine.
What are you all loving this Wednesday?
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I've always had a special place for Mary-Kate and Ashley in my heart ...it may sound cheesy, but seriously, I have.
I'm certain that I've watched every episode ever produced of Full House, watched/owned all the Olsen twin's movies, and even owned their gameboy game back in fifth grade. Actually, I think I bought the gameboy just so that I could play their game.
Anyway, since I've had such a love of these girls, it really was a shame to see them fall into Fashion Exile.
You've seen their photos in the Fashion Police columns, I'm sure...
*Sorry, some of these are blurry!*
Some of those were just painful to see for the second time.
Their article in Vogue caught my eye and I wanted to share with you all how wonderful they look in the mag! Their interview was quite interesting, too. It's great to sense some sanity in their pretty little heads.
Oh, and they won "Best Dressed" on E's Fashion Police against Kristen Bell and Michelle Trachtenburg.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
The fabulous Kim at Crafty Kimmy and another purdy lady at Recession is the New Blonde both gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. I always feel so flattered to receive this award ...& quite humbled because I think both of these ladies have quite stylish blogs, too! Be sure to check them out!
Also, the lovely Tiffany Ashley at Delightfully Chic featured my blog on her post, "Blogs I Adore and Must Share." She has a beautiful blog and I just adore it right back!
So another big THANK YOU to these three for the recognition!
okay, okay ....on to the Stylish Blogger Award.
We all know the drill.
Seven random facts.
Instead of listing other blogs that I give this award to, I'd like to give all of my subscribers this award. I would love to learn more about you all. If you complete the seven random facts, please leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!
1. I'm a big eater. I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a salad girl. I tend to splurge a bit on weekends (and the occasional weekday ...oops) but try to enjoy all of my favorite foods in moderation. I know how to eat right, but life is short! I'll eat white chocolate morsels by the handful if I want to, darn it!
2. To Lauren S, who commented wondering where I get my hair done: I go to Salon Capelli in Mt. Pleasant. Nicole is amazing. If you go, tell her I referred you!
3. I don't really like action movies. Okay, I kind of hate action movies. BUT sometimes, if I'm forced to watch one, I might end up liking it.
I watched The A Team this weekend. I may or may not have agreed to watch it because it's the movie Bradley Cooper had to get really buff for. This is one of those that I ended up loving. I'm thankful I have a boyfriend who will watch as many chick flicks with me as I want. Sorry Brandon, don't mean to embarrass you.
4. This past week, my phone broke on Monday, computer crashed on Tuesday, our AC went out on Wednesday, and my car broke down on Thursday. Also on Thursday, I realized that our homeowners association locked me out of the pool & gym because our landlord hasn't been paying his bills. Hello, I pay my rent on time every month, why am I being locked out!? Basically, it has been a rough week and I'm thrilled to start a new one.
As of this weekend, you all know I got a new computer, but my car was also fixed and my phone is cooperating after a small repair. No AC still, but it's been chilly here this weekend, so I can deal. As for the pool, I just snuck in ;)
Girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.
5. I can't wear fake jewelry for more than a few hours at a time.
6. I've gotten really into simplicity & decreasing clutter lately. Okay ...in some aspects. I used to be such a collector of different toiletries like hair products & lotions. I was also a huge collector of receipts & other paperwork items. (just to name a few)
Now, I very much prefer to have in possession ONLY the things I use often. Today, I threw out all of my sunscreens from last year, even if they weren't expired. I literally threw TEN in the trashcan, even though some were full, because I just want to have two bottles in my beach bag.
7. Brandon and I watched the movie, "The Shag" last Saturday night. Then on Sunday, the two writers of the movie sat next to us at breakfast! Did I blog about this already? Anyway, this movie is not one that we watch very often. In fact, this was only the second time we had ever seen it. What a coincidence that the writers were next to us 14 hours later at brunch!
It is a great movie! Filmed in 1988 in Myrtle Beach. Watch it!
Big thanks to all of you for helping me answer the question, "To go MacBook or not?"
I'm happy to report that, as of this afternoon, I'm a proud new owner of a MacBook Pro!
I'm pretty good with technology, but I can tell that it's going to be a challenge to rid myself of my PC ways. So far, I'm really loving my new computer ...oh and the case!
|Marc by Marc Jacobs Neoprene Case|
So now that I have a computer again, I'll get back to (almost) daily blog posts. Actually, I may try to do a post tonight with a little weekend recap. That is, if I can figure out how to load my pictures on this computer!
Hope you are all enjoying this rainy Sunday ...what a great day for a sweatpants & a movie!